Meeting (to be) held from 18:00-20:00 on 2016/06/23 in Zepler CLS Lecture Room
- 1 Amateur Radio
- 2 Joint Agenda
- 3 SOWN
- QSL Cards
- Cards have arrived
- what do we want in funding round 1
Stock of people who need to pay for club kit used
- Should be a book with the money tin to see what is outstanding
- Otherwise refer to Stock of people who need to pay for club kit (legacy list)
- Stock items with purchaser unknown (according to last meeting minutes):
- 1.6ish m of ladder line (pay Tyler)
- 1 BNC connector (pay Tyler)
- 1 BNC connector (pay Club)
- 3m ish of RG58 (pay Tyler)
- Remove section after exams, but some people have not turned up for a while.
- Workshop progress
- Update from SUSU / Estates and Facilities
- Large setback, E&F have suddenly said no.
- Tyler is talking to Kerry.
- No response so far
- Speak to person replacing Kerry (handover)
Basingstoke ARC Activities
- Phil has received an email from Mark 2E0ECN, their chairman, asking if we're interested in the following:
- 1 - 3 July - VHF Field Day, after the end of term.
- Basingstoke club not able to attend.
- 24h Contest on several bands - great fun! Can do joint entry as before if we commit early.
- Land Rover with pump-up mast 2m and up. Use IC7000 as the 2m rig. We could put up an extra 6m mast but club does not have a 6m Yagi.
- A mast can be put together.
- Maximum of two stations
- Numbers? How many attending? Create a doodle poll to see what parts of the weekend people can attend.
- Power, vehicle has a large marine battery in the back however not happy with engine left to idle. Graham may have a generator or we could get some money to hire one.
- Hannington - https://email@example.com,-1.2068114,8554m/data=!3m1!1e3
- Nice to have a regulated supply. Use Henry's DC power supply.
- 13 August - Radio Fun Day
- Chance to play with whatever, away from RF noise, other hams will be onsite.
- 2 - 4 Sept - HF Field Day
- Similar to VHF NFD, but on HF. Not one that the Uni club has entered before.
- Move to the next meeting.
- Phil has forwarded the email to the committee.
SUWS WordPress site
- Can people upload any club photos taken within the past two years to the WordPress site
- Ask David Newman if you need an account.
- Can we make another blog post? One post per-term idea?
- Murray will start writing
Callsign list update
- Anyone not added new callsign after May exams?
Amateur Radio AOB
- IC7000, two PL259 RF connectors on back. Modify the VHF connector to an N-type connection.
- Attempted to print out labels but they fall off. Performance upgrade benefit, and will tell difference between VHF and HF connection. Take a club vote. Is it worth the risk?
Next month's events
VHF field day
This month's events
- Correct locations of kit on wiki.
- Discuss storage location of new items.
- End-fed Zepp in cupboard
- Tripod mast in cage
- Lock for the cage (split up to £17 three ways)
- Still no padlock on cage with key.
Anyone need to be added to the mailing list?
- Any talks for after exams?
- Will there be enough people here for this to be worth while?
See SOWN Agenda