Meeting (to be) held from 18:00-20:00 on 2014/08/14 in Zepler CLS Lecture Room
New UHF/VHF transceiver
- Testing new UHF/VHF transceiver
- It works
- Dave Newman needs to get the money back for it
- List of full exam dates here
- Kirk Martinez passed foundation exam on 23rd July.
- Morse invigilating an exam Tuesday 19th (or maybe Wednesday 20th) August. Can someone let him in?
- Mentioned by Quintin - could probably get a free visit/tour as a uni club.
- Maybe a good activity for 2014-15 newbies?
- VHF Field day 05/07/2014 -> 06/07/2014 - it happened. It went well. We still don't know how well we did yet.
- 6m station was not logging in UTC. Fix this for next time.
- We need a new site for next year - what do we need to tell land owners?
- We have third-party liability insurance, it's regulated by the RSGB
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combe_Gibbet ? (field nearby belongs to the hang-gliding club)
- Can we collate the good photos on the photos page?
Spring End of academic year 2014 Newsletter Finalisation
- Design required
- Funding - see joint agenda
- Received ones
- Tyler has them
- We need to figure out what to do with them - scan them? Put them in an album?
Shack in SUSU
- Our old shack (office) is being turned into a meeting room, maybe
- Plan to try to get a corner in it for use as a shack when there's no meeting (or remote control when there is a meeting)
- Would require us spending time/money putting our antennas back on our mast - funding application next year
- Ideas: 23cm at bottom, SURGE FM broadcast above that (we'd help them get back on the air), HF antenna of some sort, 70cm+2cm with dual-band rotator, triband 2m/70cm/other vertical antenna on top of that.
- Silly idea: large SUWS flag on top concealing a loop antenna
- Ask SUSU TV if they're interested (short-range camera links)
- SOWN WiFi by coordinates
- Space Flight Society ARE interested in helping us.
- We have: Rotator, triband vertical, poles
- To build: 2m Yagi, 70cm Yagi, remote control computer
- To fix: HF antenna
- We might not have enough: coax
- Darren recommends finding a more suitable zone, eg Creative Industries (since that's where everyone else is).
- We probably shouldn't change zone until Dave has his money.
- Maybe go to SUSU and encourage them so that it will be voted on by the council as a joint thing.
- We should start talking to other societies, to see if they are interested.
- We should tell someone in SUSU that we're doing this.
- Tyler and Murray will start talking soon.
- General discussion about matters SUSU
- Funding round 1 has started. Deadline: 23:59 31st August
- Plans for Freshers / new members
- Daveruss to investigate booking of SR1 over the summer and beyond.
See SOWN Agenda