Meeting (to be) held from 18:00-20:00 on 2014/07/17 in Zepler CLS Lecture Room
- List of full exam dates here
- Kirk Martinez doing foundation exam on 23rd July. Henry can't be there.
- Mentioned by Quintin - could probably get a free visit/tour as a uni club.
- Maybe a good activity for 2014-15 newbies?
- VHF Field day 05/07/2014 -> 06/07/2014 - it happened. It went well. We don't know how well we did yet.
- We need a new site for next year - what do we need to tell land owners?
- We have third-party liability insurance, it's regulated by the RSGB
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combe_Gibbet ? (field nearby belongs to the hang-gliding club)
- Can we collate the good photos on the photos page?
- What radio should we buy and discussion on SUSU funding.
- Second-hand IC7000 from LAMCO (Disable cookies)
- + Power Supply?
- SUSU has been asked to release the funding.
- Let's order some stuff (or at least plan it)
- Can't do any yet because of bank things, Darren needs to get access to online banking
Spring End of academic year 2014 Newsletter Finalisation
- Design required
- Funding - see joint agenda
- Received ones
- Tyler has them
- We need to figure out what to do with them - scan them? Put them in an album?
Shack in SUSU
- Our old shack (office) is being turned into a meeting room, maybe
- Plan to try to get a corner in it for use as a shack when there's no meeting (or remote control when there is a meeting)
- Would require us spending time/money putting our antennas back on our mast - funding application next year
- Ideas: 23cm at bottom, SURGE FM broadcast above that (we'd help them get back on the air), HF antenna of some sort, 70cm+2cm with dual-band rotator, triband 2m/70cm/other vertical antenna on top of that.
- Silly idea: large SUWS flag on top concealing a loop antenna
We have: Rotator, triband vertical, poles To build: 2m Yagi, 70cm Yagi, remote control computer To fix: HF antenna We might not have enough: coax
See SOWN Agenda