Meeting:2013/05/30

From SUWS-Wiki

<< Meeting 23 May 2013 18:00:00 | Current Meeting: 30 May 2013 18:00:00 | Meeting 13 June 2013 18:00:00 >>

Meeting (to be) held from 18:00-20:00 on 2013/05/30 in Zepler CLS Lecture Room

 

Amateur Radio

Current Affairs

Repeater sites
Zepler WebSDR+Discone
Still waiting for ECS to respond
Explore the use of the top of the Physics building. helios to follow up.
WebSDR, globaltuner through uni firewall
ASTRA happy to run as a globaltuner if possible
Letter about FT-920
orchard may have a draft.
Allocated to the workshop.
Letter is from the Uni to G0BBB
Oakley Mast
Photos
Very long. Some surface corosion.
Where would we put it? Store it?
We decided we'll have it. Need to sort a date, and sort the issues listed above.
Power Boxes
Budget
Schmendrick to figure out how this could be designed.
Schmendrick was ill - Hasn't been done yet.
Schmendrick is forgetful -- Still hasn't been done yet.
Re-allocated to Tyler Ward
Divided tool-box.
FT-920 Case - Photo
Worked very well at the New Forest outing.
Perhaps it could come further forward to make the knobs easier to get at.
Graeme to finish tidying it up.
More License Exams?

Contests

HF Contests
80m CC
20th June for SSB see calendar for other dates.
VHF Contests
6-7th July VHF NFD -- Date was corrected -- Ooops
Partner up with which club?

Upcoming Events

Field days - Basingstoke/IVARC
IVARC is organising one and wants people.
Workshop specifically for AR kit. -- 2013-06-02
  1. Take a look at the lead acid batteries.
    Building into power boxes?
    RAYNET Battery Box
    Batteries need testing. Sort out the bad ones.
    PowerPole Connectors
  2. Slim jims? Some still under construction.
  3. Dummy Loads
    Murray, Henry & Helios ==> Helios to send details to scorpia
  4. Yagis
  5. Schmendrick is interested in designing a CW HF rig.
  6. We need to finish the letter to G0BBB
  7. Operating afterwards?
Doodle poll: here
Poll closed 2013-05-17 1900 BST
Result -- 2013-06-02
Invoices to be forwarded to DaveTaz

Any Other Business

Joint Agenda

Club affiliation
Blue balloon - Graeme to feedback on what commitments they would require of us.
SUSU still not sure which way is up.
Inventory
Graeme: A job for the Secretary
Radio club and SOWN
CAVEAT: Some of the SOWN kit is owned by ECS
We will specify an owner field for all fields to stop SUSU doing evil.
Come up with a H&S policy
Graeme to fill in details here.
Who wants a mug?
Schmendrick
Murray
Tyler
SOLD

SOWN

19:00-20:00 SOWN Meeting (no agenda)