[[|]] | Current Workshop:
Workshop (to be) held from 15:00-20:00 on 2023-03-12 in B32 L3 North Server Room
Upgrade AUTH2 to Ubuntu 20.04
Hopefully last ever OS upgrade for AUTH2. So we can completely remove Quagga and BGP.
- Successfully upgraded but included few snags
- PHP 5.6 ondrej package repository needed to be re-enabled and packages upgraded
- /usr/bin/php needed to be repointed from 8.2 to 5.6
- Disabled most strict modes for newly upgraded MySQL v8.0.32
- Kohana's /srv/www/default/application/classes/model/entity.php need to be manually updated to always set
$this->lastModified = new \DateTime();in save function. Otherwise Kohana tries to initially explicitly set this to NULL but should not be set so the database can do this automatically because of this config:
`last_modified` timestamp NOT NULL DEFAULT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ON UPDATE CURRENT_TIMESTAMP COMMENT 'time the row was last modified',
- FreeRadius 3 config needed re-inserting /etc/freeradius/3.0/
- OpenVPN issues:
- To be documented
- Apache issues:
- SOWN's ca.key was too small.
- More to be documented
- Quagga was successfully removed and now only Bird2 remains which uses OSPF
New SG350-28 Switches
- Connected current console cable for Cisco 3750G and was immediately able to establish a session through GW-B32.
- Finish installing (using Ansible playbooks) new GW servers.
- Console interface looks much like that for certain DLink/NetGear managed switches
- Tim upgraded both switches to latest firmware using FAT32 formatted USB pen
- Tyler was able to directly import this device into NetBox
Rack second replacement UPS
- First replacement UPS successfully unracked and placed in the corner of the server room.
- Box for second replacement UPS retained if first replacement needs to be returned.
- Old rack rails for original UPS thrown away (in WEEE cage).
- One of new set of UPS rack rails installed.
- Network module from first replacement UPS moved to second replacement.
- Second replacement UPS racked and powered up with no issues.
- All redundant power supplies server have one PSU connected to UPS, including lear and goneril from OFERTIE project. KVM, GW-B32 and BACKUP-B32-1 also connected on their single PSU.
- Switch not yet transferred. Will wit until next workshop when we have confidence in new UPS.
- Tyler has modelled power connections in NetBox.
- Unused cables with second replacement UPS put in Misc RUB box.
- Unused rack rails, vertical mounting brackets and instruction booklets taken down to Dave's office.
IPMI monitoring checks
Move VMs from VMS-B32-1 to VMS-B53-1
SUWS Wiki Issues
- Still some issues with timelines for SUWS Meetings, Outings and Workshops wiki pages.
- No progress
- Links to RSS and iCal feeds do not work
- PHP file for generated simple URLs for these needs to be deployed within Docker.
- Tyler tidied up the various cables in the back of the rack.
- Tyler took photos of front of servers and added to NetBox.