Meeting:2015/12/03

From SUWS-Wiki

Meeting (to be) held from 18:00-20:00 on 2015/12/03 in Zepler CLS Lecture Room

 

Amateur Radio

Stock of people who need to pay for club kit used

Murray

Tyler: 0.6ish m of ladder line

Club 1 BNC connector

3m ish of RG58

Freddie

Tyler 1.6ish m of ladder line

Club 1 BNC connector

Tyler 3m ish of RG58

George

Tyler 10m antenna Kit

Unknown

Tyler 1.6ish m of ladder line

Tyler 1 BNC connector

Club 1 BNC connector

Tyler 3m ish of RG58

Raphael

Tyler 1.6ish m of ladder line

Club 1 BNC connector

Tyler 3m ish of RG58

Josh

Club 1.6ish m of ladder line

Club 1 BNC connector

Tyler 3m ish of RG58

Laurie

Club 1.6ish m of ladder line

Club 1 PL259 connector

Tyler 3m ish of RG58

Andy

Club 1.6ish m of ladder line

Club 1 PL259 connector

Tyler 3m ish of RG58

Tom Kelly

Club 1.6ish m of ladder line

Club 1 BNC connector

Tyler 3m ish of RG58


VFO kits

Apparently everyone doing intermediate:

Andy

Freddie

Josh

Hector

Raphael

Laurie

Arihant

Licence examinations (nsefan)

  • Next date: Mon 7th Dec 19:00; deadline now PASSED.
  • Practical Training Sessions.

Mast

  • E&F have assigned someone to look into the antenna array
  • have contacted Tony to organise a meeting
    • Tony has not yet responded. Tyler contacted VP DCI to inquire, also no response yet.

Christmas Meal Attendance

  • Who is coming?

RSGB Survey

Can people who have taken photos at recent events please upload them?

  • Within the past two years

GB3IW

  • GB3IW (70cm repeater on the Isle of Wight, you can relatively easily get into it from Southampton, including some parts of campus on a handheld) is currently off-air, apparently due to mechanical problems
  • I was told by John (the one taking his advanced) on air that the guys in charge of it are looking for donations of time or money to help get it up and running again
  • I don't know if the club, or anyone in the club, is interested in helping with this in some way.

QSL Card Competition

A message from the secretary: I have had no entries yet. Please remember that the deadline is Monday!

AOB (radio)

Joint Agenda

Funding round 2

  • Applications now closed
  • What did we apply for?
    • More Foundation and Intermediate books (two foundation, two intermediate, two advanced, two revision)
      • Confirm - we should apply for 50% funding
        • Now submitted, thanks Darren!
    • Storage bags for antennas (eg HF beam)
      • Did this go in? I don't know
  • Update groups hub members list

Who wants accounts on things?

Communications

  • Facebook group
  • IRC
    • irc.ecs.soton.ac.uk or irc.zepler.net
      • #G3KMI
      • #SOWN
  • Flickr
  • Mailing list
    • You can sign up to the SUWS mailing list by sending an email to suws-members-join@ecs.soton.ac.uk. Although it should not be necessary, please add the word subscribe to both the subject and message body to lessen the chances of email being treated as spam by our mail servers.

Storage update

  • Mountbatten Cupboard
    • A wild cupboard appears in Mountbatten Coffee Room
    • We don't yet have a key for it though, assuming it's ours.
    • Henry awaiting response re this.
  • Cage 9
    • Arihant says it seems to alternate between being in a tip/being tidy, which is better than it was before.
  • Building 32 Cupboard
    • No changes here. Could do with tidying up.

SUSU Funding issues

  • we have the funding round 1 monies
  • only paid £50 for the two opendays
  • Attempt to contact SUSU; Darren couldn't find the right person.
    • It has now been resolved according to SUSU's finance page. We have not yet verified it's in our account but we have no reason to suspect it isn't.

SOWN

See SOWN Agenda

  • Tim Chown has provided funding for new nodes. They look very promising both for standard nodes (replacement for Merakis) and SOWN[at]Anywhere aka SOWN[at]The Crown.


WebSDR Talk