Meeting:2014/01/30

From SUWS-Wiki

Meeting (to be) held from 18:00-20:00 on 2014/01/30 in Zepler CLS Lecture Room

 

Amateur Radio

Licence Exams

  • Going on as we speak

Outings

  • Harwell Rally (Sunday 9th Febuary)

Loaning kit

  • Something like SOWN[at]HOME Node load agreement form needed so we have recourse if a member does not return a loaned piece of kit. -- Soft-assigned to Schmendrick

Shack

  • Possibility of a room in Building 16
  • Southampton Makerspace

People's radio goals for the year (inc. non radio goals)

  • What do people want to do?
    • HF IP network
    • More operating
    • Graeme wants a very cold outing - Graeme to arrange weather
      • Bring a laptop so that members can get used to the logging software
    • Shack
    • Get more instructors ordained
    • Monthly net? (Experimental repeater)
      • Schmendrick to organise a Doodle Poll and email the club.

SUSU calendar

  • Have we added some events?

Club Storage

  • Zepler cupboard
  • Increased occupancy of cage 9

Corporate sponsorship

  • SUSU have been emailed
  • need to decide what items we would like
  • First Newsletter -- Start writing it now, aim to have it in by end of Feb. Then one after Easter.

Money from SUSU

  • Schmendrick to reconcile the results of SUSU funding with what it is actually possible to purchase.

Kit wishlist

Joint Agenda

  • SUSU Mandatory Training (Schmendrick) -- Attending on the 10th Feb at 1800.
  • Bother the RSGB about data (Graeme)
  • Schmendrick to investigate what the £200 from SUSU is for.
  • AOB
  • Deal with email

SOWN

See SOWN Agenda