You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
You are not allowed to execute the action you have requested.
== Amateur Radio ==
=== Licence Exams ===
* Next exam dates: List of full exam dates [http://rsgb.org/main/clubs-training/advanced-examination-dates/ here]
* BRING FORMS HENRY
* Send an email, Henry
=== OfCom Proposals? ===
* Was looked at last time
* [http://licensing.ofcom.org.uk/radiocommunication-licences/amateur-radio/licensing-updates/arc/ OfCom webpage]
* Do we want to respond as a club (if it's still open)?
** If we can do, we can do it in the doing next week.
=== Outings ===
* Outing happened two weeks ago
** Not many contacts; quite a lot of noise
** Issues with forgetting kit caused a very delayed start
** We should make a definitive list of what we need for outings
* Upcoming rallies and similar events
* Trips to IVARC / Southampton ARC meetings
** Next Friday (14th) is IVARC auction. I can give a lift if people want to come. I will send out an email.
=== Antennas ===
* [[SUSU Antenna Array]]
** Phil has made an awesome picture
*** [http://i.imgur.com/0MRGQ3M.png awesome picture]
** I will draft something to send to E&F
=== CubeSat ===
They want a ground station, and have been asking SUSF. Maybe we could help?
They asked us to meet them a couple of weeks ago. They said they couldn't make it when we were meeting, and I haven't heard back since.
* They are looking for someone to build a ground station (all of it)
** Not using our antenna array as they want exclusive use. They're trying to get one on top of City Gateway.
*** Once they have a site they would be open for giving the radio club use as long as we don't interfere when they need to use it.
=== Shack in SUSU ===
* Our old shack (office) is being turned into a meeting room.
* Plan to try to get a corner in it for use as a shack when there's no meeting (or remote control when there is a meeting)
* Had meeting with SUSU about this. It went well, the VP for Democracy and Creative Industries seems supportive of the idea.
* Tyler is setting up a Doodle poll for meeting.
=== Newsletter ===
* [[Newsletter/2014-02|Wiki page]] | [https://docs.google.com/a/scorpia.co.uk/document/d/1mOOoQCueribZdbM_m7FVsjZFx7bzTlCGlqK7Twtnq24/edit?pli=1# Google Doc]
* A few tweaks/finalisations required
** Add VHF NFD, make it and end of academic year newsletter.
*** Collect VHF NFD pictures.
* We need a list of people to whom to send it.
** Phil is working on it.
=== QSL Cards ===
* QSL card design competition
** Photos taken at VHF NFD
** Please design/submit designs ASAP.
** Closing date TBD (but probably once we have funding for them)
** Funding - see joint agenda
* Received QSL cards
** Tyler has them
** We need to figure out what to do with them - scan them? Put them in an album?
=== [http://www.stfc.ac.uk/chilbolton/default.aspx Chilbolton Atmospheric Radio Observatory] ===
* Mentioned by Quintin - could probably get a free visit/tour as a uni club.
** Maybe a good activity for 2014-15 newbies?
* There is a pub nearby
== Joint Agenda ==
=== Give Darren Money ===
* Memberships are due, prices for the year are £10 for a student and £15 for staff/society alumni, and morse
=== SUSU ===
* Moving to Creative Industries zone
** I will chase this up, not heard anything
* Funding round 2
** Mast only
** Prices for antennas, etc. (we want to buy them, since we can't afford things to break)
* General discussion about matters SUSU
=== Mailing List ===
* Anyone else need to be added to suws-members list?
=== Wiki logins ===
* Talk to Dave N
* We have a cupboard outside Zepler level 3 labs (north)
* Joyce and Tyler have keys
** We want Henry to have a key too, if possible. Henry will ask Joyce.
* We need a signing book for kit
* We need stickers for the books, Darren will sort these out.
=== AOB ===
== Doing agenda ==
What to do next week in the doing. Please do not remove this section.
=== Ofcom consultation response ===
Write a quick email stating that we agree with the RSGB.
=== Outing items list ===
Make a definitive list for things we need for outings.
=== Finalising mast plans ===
Especially re funding.
== SOWN ==
See [[sown:Meeting:2014/10/16|SOWN Agenda]]
This is a minor edit
Watch this page