You do not have permission to edit this page, for the following reason:
You are not allowed to execute the action you have requested.
== Amateur Radio ==
=== New UHF/VHF transceiver ===
* Testing new UHF/VHF transceiver
** It works
* Dave Newman needs to get the money back for it
=== Licence Exams ===
* List of full exam dates [http://rsgb.org/main/clubs-training/advanced-examination-dates/ here]
* Kirk Martinez passed foundation exam on 23rd July.
* Morse invigilating an exam Tuesday 19th (or maybe Wednesday 20th) August. Can someone let him in?
=== [http://www.stfc.ac.uk/chilbolton/default.aspx Chilbolton Atmospheric Radio Observatory] ===
* Mentioned by Quintin - could probably get a free visit/tour as a uni club.
** Maybe a good activity for 2014-15 newbies?
=== Outings/Events ===
* VHF Field day 05/07/2014 -> 06/07/2014 - it happened. It went well. We still don't know how well we did yet.
* 6m station was not logging in UTC. Fix this for next time.
* We need a new site for next year - what do we need to tell land owners?
** We have third-party liability insurance, it's regulated by the RSGB
** http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combe_Gibbet ? (field nearby belongs to the hang-gliding club)
* Can we collate the good photos on the photos page?
=== <s>Spring</s> End of academic year 2014 Newsletter Finalisation ===
** [http://www.suws.org.uk/Newsletter/2014-02] [https://docs.google.com/a/scorpia.co.uk/document/d/1mOOoQCueribZdbM_m7FVsjZFx7bzTlCGlqK7Twtnq24/edit?pli=1#]
*** A few tweaks/finalisations required
**** Add VHF NFD, make it and end of academic year newsletter.
***** Henry will write the VHF NFD section and finalise the newsletter as a whole.
*** We need a list of people to whom to send it.
=== QSL Cards ===
* Design required
** Existing Design by Graeme
*** [http://pbrd.co/1luebF0 Front]
*** [http://pbrd.co/1luepvX Back]
** QSL card design competition - deadline when we get the funding
*** Take photos at VHF NFD
*** Please design/submit designs now.
*** Closing date TBD.
* Funding - see joint agenda
* Received ones
** Tyler has them
** We need to figure out what to do with them - scan them? Put them in an album?
=== Shack in SUSU ===
* Our old shack (office) is being turned into a meeting room, maybe
* Plan to try to get a corner in it for use as a shack when there's no meeting (or remote control when there is a meeting)
==== Antennas ====
* Would require us spending time/money putting our antennas back on our mast - funding application next year
* Ideas: 23cm at bottom, SURGE FM broadcast above that (we'd help them get back on the air), HF antenna of some sort, 70cm+2cm with dual-band rotator, triband 2m/70cm/other vertical antenna on top of that.
* Silly idea: large SUWS flag on top concealing a loop antenna
* Ask SUSU TV if they're interested (short-range camera links)
* SOWN WiFi by coordinates
* Space Flight Society ARE interested in helping us.
* We have: Rotator, triband vertical, poles
* To build: 2m Yagi, 70cm Yagi, remote control computer
* To fix: HF antenna
* We might not have enough: coax
* Darren recommends finding a more suitable zone, eg Creative Industries (since that's where everyone else is).
* We probably shouldn't change zone until Dave has his money.
* Maybe go to SUSU and encourage them so that it will be voted on by the council as a joint thing.
* We should start talking to other societies, to see if they are interested.
* We should tell someone in SUSU that we're doing this.
* Tyler and Murray will start talking soon.
== Joint Agenda ==
=== SUSU ===
* General discussion about matters SUSU
* Funding round 1 has started. Deadline: 23:59 31st August
** See [[Funding Application 1 2014-2015]]
=== Other ===
* Plans for Freshers / new members
** Daveruss to investigate booking of SR1 over the summer and beyond.
== SOWN ==
See [[sown:Meeting:2014/08/14|SOWN Agenda]]
This is a minor edit
Watch this page