Meeting (to be) held from 18:00-20:00 on 2016/03/03 in Zepler CLS Lecture Room
- 1 Amateur Radio
- 2 Joint Agenda
- 3 SOWN
- Number of entrants --- 1
- Scheduling for practical work --- N/A
- Next exams: Fri 6th May, deadline: 22nd April.
- Applicants: Arihant for Advanced, David Young for Intermediate, Freddie for Advanced, Mohit for Foundation
SUSU funding round 3?
- Antenna bags
- HF beam
- HF vertical
- 2M yagi
- Padlock for cage 9
- Portable mast.
- Any other sugestions
SUSU funding round 2
- Licensing book orders
- Those have arrived.
Stock of people who need to pay for club kit used
- Should be a book with the money tin to see what is outstanding
- Otherwise refer to Stock of people who need to pay for club kit (legacy list)
- Stock items with purchaser unknown (according to last meeting minutes):
- 1.6ish m of ladder line (pay Tyler)
- 1 BNC connector (pay Tyler)
- 1 BNC connector (pay Club)
- 3m ish of RG58 (pay Tyler)
- Workshop progress
- Update from SUSU / Estates and Facilities
- Deferred due to lack of time
SUWS WordPress site
- Can people upload any club photos taken within the past two years to the WordPress site
- Ask David Newman if you need an account.
QSL Card Order
- Confirm layout for back of card and dimensions
- Darren will the place order with VistaPrint
Callsign list update
- Anyone not added new callsign after December exams?
- Batteries were depleted. Oops.
- It was cold. Good.
- Biscuits and digestive biscuit sandwiches are delicious.
- Only made a couple of contacts. We should have entered the contest...
- Tried to use Morse's table, but they couldn't figure out how to assemble it.
- Used the end-fed Zepp. Tried to use Henry's Pro whip, it didn't work. Would work quite well to set up a wire HF dipole between two trees. That would be cool.
- Didn't have enough chairs, but had a bench.
- We could do with a weight for throwing things into trees, or a drone ;)
- NEED MALLET!!!!!!!!
Amateur Radio AOB
This month's events
- Two weeks' time is the AGM
- Then it's easter, so people still here can just meet and not do much
- Software hacking session.
- 54 Cupboard
- 32 Cupboard
- Cage 9
- Arihant went down and the cage was a tip, moreso than usual. He posted it to group.
- LiveSoc blamed unauthorised users using their kit
- Tyler has changed code and told Cage 9 Facebook group
- We want to change back to a padlock + key, as if LiveSoc's accusations are accurate, the code system simply isn't working.
Anyone need to be added to the mailing list?
- 17th March 2016 at 18:45
- PLEASE consider being a committee member, because we will be losing a few next year.
- Science and engineering family day! 12th March
- PiSSTV, HF station with end-fed Zepp or Vertical if we're feeling good and good weather
- Lots of static displays
- SOWN nodes
- Cool antennas
- VHF radios (one on KMINet, one on PiSSTV)
- WebSDR laptop
See SOWN Agenda